Our spine is made up of a complex arrangement of ligaments, muscles, bones, and tendons, interconnected with nerves. This interconnected system makes us function properly and enables the mobility of an individual. When there is a problem within these areas, it may lead to mild, or sharp or even chronic back pain.
Who are at high risk?
- Age of the individual
- An inactive lifestyle and Lack of exercise
- A smoker
- A pregnant woman
- Bad posture
- Physical Job with a lot of heavy lifting that would put a strain on the back
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Heredity factors
- Any form of accidental damages to the spinal nerves
Some symptoms to be aware of:
- Experiencing constant pain or stiffness in your spine
- Sharp local ache either in the upper back or lower back, usually occurs after finishing a heavy and tough lifting task
- Constant ache in the middle